The Lone Star Dance Academy's Vision is to engage all students and provide them with a dance education that:
- Is designed to take students from their very first steps through a comprehensive curriculum of classical ballet, formal jazz, contemporary/modern dance, tap and related studies.
- Fully prepares dancers for professional dance companies and/or continued studies in institutes for higher learning.
- Provides quality training for those who will not become career dancers, but will gain the poise, confidence, discipline, and fundamental life skills inherent in the structured study of dance.
- Emphasizes a strong foundation focusing on proper placement, technical precision, musicality, and artistic confidence.
- Promotes a safe, caring, and supportive environment based on trust and respect.
- Shares the instructor's passion for dance with students in a way that inspires each of them to pursue their own passions and goals.
Academy Registration begins in August and is a nine month program; however, we have ongoing registration throughout the year up until the first of March. Students need to register by the end of December as that is when we are focused on the spring Academy Unleashed productions (recital) for Academy students.
All dancers are welcomed to audition for The Nutcracker and other Lone Star Ballet productions when applicable.
The end-of-the-year production for all Academy students is in May. This production, called Academy Unleashed, is a high quality professionally produced performance. Unleashed performance is considered part of the Season of Dance line up of shows.
Lone Star Dance Academy offers a variety of wonderful summer programs in all our academy locations.
The Academy Staff welcomes you to visit your local academy and register today!